GO GREEN WITH IDEAL
GO GREEN WITH IDEAL
Ideal Aluminum Products uses extrusions made from 75% recycled (secondary) 6XXX series of aluminum alloys. This material is received and recycled from local suppliers. The remaining 25% of our production is from primary billet, which typically contains 3-5% recycled aluminum. All of our suppliers end aluminum products are 100% recyclable with no downgrading of the material qualities. Over 30% of the aluminum produced worldwide now comes from secondary sources (recycled material). The re-melting of aluminum requires little energy as well; only about 5 percent of the energy required to produce the primary metal initially is needed in the recycling process. Our aluminum is 6XXX alloy that is produced from secondary billet extruded in our Oldsmar Florida facility and shipped via truck.
GREEN POWDER COATING
Powder coated finishes contribute toward LEED credits
*Specifying a low VOC paint is worth ONE point towards LEED certification
*Specifying exterior, high performance powder (NEWLAR™) can contribute to the Innovation and Design category.
*Having a LEED Accredited Professional on your certified project also is worth ONE credit
Green Powder Coating Statement
The powder coatings produced by PPG incorporate raw materials that are free of Volatile Organic Compounds and Hazardous Air Pollutants. In addition, our manufacturing process does not generate any airborne contaminants. he powder manufacturing equipment is cleaned utilizing water as the primary cleaning agent. The sludge is removed from the waste water before it is discharged into the city sewer system. The use of volatile organic solvents to clean the equipment has been nearly eliminated. PPG’s architectural grade powder is designed to be applied and cured in a process that requires ~20% less energy than comparable liquid products. Powder products provided by Spraylat contribute toward the green building initiative of the U.S. Government. Specifying a low VOC powder coat finish is worth one LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) credit.